Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Homeward Bound + Show

Howdy folks.
It's that time of year again.

The roads are filled with shoppers who are more concerned with finding a 'Furbie' or a 'Tickle-My-Nuts Elmo' than they are with how awful their driving is. The spirit of the season is more based in consumerism than cheer.

It's also the time of year that I make my now annual trip home to Baton Rouge to see my family, my friends, and my dog. I plan on spending a fair amount of time on the inside of several bars. My goal is to enjoy life, slightly or incredibly inebriated.

It's also the second year in a row that I have a show around Christmas.

Northgate Tavern. Saturday December 23rd. 10pm.

David Loti will open the show with a full band, and I'll play with my guys after that.

Much respect to Tom Poirier who is pulling double duty, playing drums for both David and me.

Also, JT$ is pretty studly for playing with his band, The Lazarus Heart, earlier in the evening and then hauling ass across town to thrown down on bass with yours truly.

I hope to see a lot of you while I'm home, both at the show and in various haunts around the Red Stick.

Rock on.
-cpk.

No comments: