Saturday, July 16, 2005

Treading Water.

I've hit rock bottom.
Ok, maybe not, but it's not far off.
It's Friday night, well.....now it's Saturday morning.....but that's not the point.
The point is that I'm sitting here in my apartment in the most populated city in America with nothing better to do than type. I even have some money (for a change) and I still sit here tapping away at these letters that are completely out of order.

I guess the good times and the bad times come in waves. I think I'm caught in the undertow.

I was looking forward to seeing Austin and Lane while they were in town this week with their band, but our schedules didn't match up just right and I missed getting to see them on a couple of occasions.

My friend Glenn is coming on Sunday. He's in the area with his bandmates (the Red Stick Ramblers for a week or so before they fly off to their next set of gigs. I'm happy to get to see him and hope that I can muster enough "oomph" to show him a good time in the city.

Thankfully more friends are on their way in the coming month. It'll be good to see familiar faces.

As it turns out, I'm missing two weddings while I'm away. Lee Abbott is getting married, and so is my cousin Eric Sallinger. Not that either of them will ever read this, but congratulations. Sadly, I don't have the extra cash floating around to mosey on home and catch the ceremonies. I remember having double birthday parties with Eric, who is exactly three years older than me because we share the same birth date.

I apologize that this blog isn't as carefully and (because I think I'm funny) hilariously worded. I don't really have anything exciting or humorous to say tonight. I just felt like writing to get it off my mind so that maybe I can crawl into bed and fall asleep in the next few hours.

Tomorrow, well.....later today, I'm going to my first Minor League Baseball game. The Brooklyn Cyclones are the Single A affiliate of the New York Mets. I hope for a good time. Afterall, it is Mookie Wilson Bobble-head night.

No comments: