Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Tour: Pictures & Final Notes

Ok. So here goes. I am a poor man, so I lack the funds to acquire a digital camera. Thus, I rely on throw-away cameras for most of the events in my life. This tour was no different. Here is my attempt at a photo-journal.


We started off at Mojo Risin' in Houston.We played solo sets with a combined set at the end. Notice the picture of the random guy playing the harmonica with David. His name was Steve and he really blew that mouth organ.......pun intended.




Our next stop was Cafe Brazil in Dallas. We picked this show up at 2pm and played at 8pm. It was hot as hell in Dallas! I'm not sure if anyone really paid much attention to us (besides Karen, Bernie and Adam), since there was no PA.



Sunday night, David and I played at Club DaDa in the Deep Ellum part of Dallas. This show was slightly better.




We drove back to Baton Rouge on Monday and had a few days off. Wednesday night was our show at the Spanish Moon. Both David and I played with our full bands. Somehow, the pictures I took of David playing developed as 4x6 black boxes. I know that John's dad, Richard, took a lot of shots, so hopefully we can get a few of those to show off David's rockin' band!




Friday, we headed to Moonlight Music Cafe in Birmingham. Sadly, I left the camera in my pocket for most of the set. I didn't get a picture of the cutest little jailbait or any of the show whatsoever. But I got a shot of the front of the joint and of David's new girlfriend!!!



Saturday, we trekked from B'ham to Columbia to play at Jammin' Java. This place had a cool vibe. It was underground, in both the literal and physical senses. Corey drove down from Durham and hung out with us during the show, after the show and shared our raucus hotel room. Many details are deleted. After all, this is a family show.




Tired, hungry (even after the crappy "continental breakfast"), and slightly hungover, we bolted to the ATL. Sunday night meant Smith's Olde Bar and a missing crowd of usually 70 people, according to the guy running the joint. We played in front of a small group of people....and thankfully they were partial to us.




Again, due to technical difficulties (throwaway cameras suck), very few pictures of Monday's show at Eddie's Attic remain. I guess it's fitting, because it really wasn't much of a show. I mean, David and I played well, but two songs each isn't really much of a performance. I play as many songs when I wake up in the morning before I go drop ten pounds. That said, here are the final pictures from the final day.



Okay......so thanks for indulging me. I hoped you've enjoyed the pictures as much as David and I enjoyed the tour. If you'd like to contribute to the "Chris Needs A Digital Camera Fund", feel free to contact me at any time.


And Finally:


Top 5 Lessons Learned During August 2006


5. Bathing is pleasant, both to the senses and to your tourmate, but not always prudent or necessary.


4. Music is not something a person does for money. Except maybe those hobos that hassle you for $0.25 in a parking lot with a harmonica or some awful rendition of Johnny Hartman's "Let Me Love You". I'll keep that in mind for next time.


3. Laughter is an amazing thing. It allows people to express pure joy and amusement. Occasionally, people find certain things so amusing that they begin to cry while laughing so hard. It is not good to laugh this hard while driving. Visibility is severly limited.


2. Flyers are actually small, easily distributed pieces of art. Depending on the amount of work a person puts into the design of a flyer, they can be incredibly interesting to look at. They are also a monumental waste of time and money. People hate flyers.


1. If I could continue to tour and play music, I think my life might very well be complete. If I could start next week, it would not be soon enough. I have nothing clever to say here.

No comments: