Friday, September 7, 2007

Softball Pt. 2.....or How it feels to bleed from the Ear.

Thursday night men's league was an absolute disaster!

We got thoroughly embarrassed!
As the home team, we played the field in the top of the 1st inning.
Let me take you through their offensive first inning:
Solo Home Run (1-0)
Single
Single
Single
Grand Slam (5-0)
Double
2-Run HR (7-0)
Single
2-Run HR (9-0)
Solo HR (10-0)
Solo HR (11-0)
Fly Out
Solo HR (12-0)
Fly Out
Ground Out

This sucks.
We played two three inning, mercy-rule shortened games in which we lost by a combined score of 68-3.

No I'm not kidding.

And no, none of us played for the Baltimore Orioles at anytime in the recent past.

To top off my night....I took a solidly-hit line drive on a wicked hop, straight to the left ear. It hurt like god-awful hell! It split my ear down near the lobe and I was bleeding rather immediately. I took a few seconds to get my bearings and realized that I wasn't right. I've had concussions before....and although I don't think that was what this was, I decided to go ahead and sit down. Granted, I WAS PISSED. It hurt like hell. I know I've said this already, but it was not a comfortable moment in my life!

In all of this, the other team were terrible human beings throughout the whole ordeal. They laughed at our inability to play on their level. I understand it's a game and the competitive nature of the game, but these guys were poor sports. Their sportsmanship was about as believable as Lindsay Lohan's sobriety. ZING!

So in my one at-bat, I popped out to short. 0-1. That sucks. So does our team. But that's a whole different twenty paragraph complaint.

Cumulative Stats.

2-7, .286 AVG, 2 1B

No comments: